SMALL-SCALE TECHNOLOGY CERTIFICATES
- Small-scale Technology Certificates or (STCs) are a part of the Australian government program called the Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme (SRES).
- STCs provide financial incentive to install renewable sources of power generation such as solar water heaters, heat pumps or solar panels in your home or business.
One small-scale certificate or one STC is generally equal to the output of 1MWh of renewable energy that your installed plant will generate in the future.
- When an eligible technology is installed, STCs can be created either by the system owner (you) or by the installer.
- The STCs have no worth unless they are sold in the market at prevailing trading prices. To Know the current prevailing traded market price of the STC’s here: greenmarkets.com.au
- The number of small-scale technology certificates or STC’s that can be created per system varies from one State to another, it is based on its geographical location and installation date and the expected electricity generation.